I am sure you have been besieged with a thousand and one Cocktail and Champagne Recipes to ring in the New Year.
I will leave it to everyone else to figure out your chosen poison for the evening.
What I will offer up is the pick me ups for facing the first day of 2016.
- DO NOTHING! Accept your fate and lie in bed all day. Let your poor organs come back to reality at their own pace. Time is an amazing cure all.
- Parched though you might be and your mouth tastes like you have been licking Romanian stamps all night, no icy cold drinks. Sip slowly a room temp or warm glass of water or green tea.
- Upon rising, a little mild exercising, or if that is seems impossible, stand by an open window and breathe deeply several times. An oxygen tent is a sure cure for the Hangover but so few homes are equipped these days!
- When you feel you need to take something... Alka Seltzer, Soda Water, Bromo, are your friends.
- Now my uncle Paul, (RIP), who did his fair share of reveling (well he was a Jazz musician with Duke Ellington for goodness sakes!) had his own sure fire method, 1 part beer and 1 part tomato juice. Worked like a charm.
Uncle Paul on the left with the formidable Duke on the right.
May I thank each of you for subscribing to my musings and
wish you a New Year filled with love, health, charity, and hope.